Dr Seyyed Ali Pourmousavi Kani
Ali received his BSc and MSc degrees with honours from University of Mazandaran and Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT), Iran, in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power systems.
He received his PhD degree from Montana State University (MSU), Bozeman, USA in 2014. During his PhD, he completed a four-month internship program at the NEC Laboratories America (NECLA), Cupertino, USA in 2012.
Before graduating from MSU, he was appointed as a power system engineering specialist at the California ISO (CAISO), Folsom, CA, USA for about six months in 2014. He then joined NECLA as a postdoctoral scientist in November 2014. In September 2015, he was promoted to Researcher at NECLA. Prior to joining UQ, he visited Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark, as a postdoc from January 2017 to March 2017.
- M. Parandehgheibi, S. Ali Pourmousavi, Kiyoshi Nakayama, and Ratnesh K. Sharma. A two-layer incentive-based controller for aggregating BTM energy storage devices. Accepted for presentation in the IEEE PES General Meeting, July, 2017
- Shankar Mohan, Ali Hooshmand, S. Ali Pourmousavi, and Ratnesh Sharma. BSS sizing and economic beneﬁt analysis in grid-scale application. In Proc. the IEEE ISGT–North America Conference, Minneapolis, USA, 2016
- S. Ali Pourmousavi, Babak Asghari, and Ratnesh Sharma. A novel algorithm to integrate battery cyclic and calendar agings within a single framework . In Proc. the IEEE ISGT–North America Conference, Minneapolis, USA, 2016
- S. Ali Pourmousavi, Mahdi Behrangrad, M. Hashem Nehrir, and Ali Jahanbani Ardakani. LFC model for multi-area power systems considering dynamic demand response. In Proc. the IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference, Dallas, USA, 2016
- Reza Ahmadi Kordkheili, S. Ali Pourmousavi, Mehdi Savaghebi, Josep M Guerrero, and Mohammad Hashem Nehrir. Assessing the potential of plug-in electric vehicles in active distribution networks. Energies, 9(1):34, 2016
- S. Ali Pourmousavi, M. Hashem Nehrir, and Ratnesh K. Sharma. Multi-timescale power management for islanded microgrids including storage and demand response. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 6(3):1185–1195, 2015
- S. Ali Pourmousavi, Stasha N. Patrick, and M. Hashem Nehrir. Real-time demand response through aggregate electric water heaters for load shifting and balancing wind generation. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 5(2):769–778, 2014
- S. Ali Pourmousavi and M. Hashem Nehrir. Introducing dynamic demand response in the LFC model. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 29(4):1562–1572, 2014
- S. A. Pourmousavi, Babak Asghari, Ratnesh K. Sharma. Data-Driven Battery Aging Model using Statistical Analysis and Artiﬁcial Intelligence. Filed with U.S. Patent Oﬃce – February, 2016
- Babak Asghari, Ratnesh K. Sharma, S. A. Pourmousavi. Method for Real-Time Power Management of a Grid-Tied Microgrid to Extend Storage Lifetime and Reduce Cost of Energy. U.S. Patent 9,020,649, 2015